Fri, Sep 10|
St Michael's Lutheran Church
Hold Me Tight® - for Couples September 10-12, 2021
Spend a weekend in a safe space addressing seven specific couple issues to build a stronger partnership bond. For fully vaccinated couples.
Time & Location
Sep 10, 2021, 6:30 PM – Sep 12, 2021, 12:00 PM
St Michael's Lutheran Church, 1660 County B Rd W, Roseville, MN 55113, USA
About the Event
- Friday, September 10, 2021: 6:30 – 9:00 PM
- Saturday, September 11, 2021: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM, with an hour on your own for lunch
- Sunday, September 12, 2021: 8:30 AM – 12:00 PM
- Friday & Saturday: 1660 County Road B West, Roseville, MN 55113
- Sunday: 1611 County Road B West, Roseville, MN 55113
The Hold Me Tight® weekend will give you a roadmap for digging beneath the surface of your usual fights or distance to see the pattern and change the underlying music of your emotional dance, to help bring you closer together. We’ll walk you through the steps and provide guidance for how to talk with each other. Are you afraid of what may happen if you talk? Your workshop leaders, experienced couple therapists, will check in during each conversation to see whether you would like a little help. We’ll be there to support and assist you if you get stuck, and we’ll cheer you on as you experience breakthroughs.
The Hold Me Tight® curriculum is based on a well-researched model of couple therapy (Emotionally Focused Therapy, EFT) that gets to the core of what makes relationships difficult for couples. Our emotions—great gifts for helping us get through the messiness of life—need careful attention.
Each of the seven conversations will include four components:
- Teaching: Presenters will provide information about how each conversation particularly relates to increased intimacy.
- Showing: Video clips of Dr. Sue Johnson working with three different couples will illustrate the relevance of the conversation and the successful elements of the conversation.
- Practicing: Each couple will have time alone to have the conversation and support from the presenters if needed.
- Processing: We will take time to review how it went, and answer questions. Are you wondering what to say?
THE SEVEN CONVERSATIONS
- Identifying your reactive patterns
- Finding your ‘raw spots’
- Reviewing your reactive moments from a more compassionate perspective
- Sharing your softer, more vulnerable feelings and needs that are lost when you are in a reactive pattern
- Repairing emotional injuries from past relationship ‘ruptures’
- Bonding through touch and sex
- Keeping your love alive
Being able to understand this model, seeing it be implemented by other couples, and practicing it with support, has been highly successful in providing a mechanism to continue to practice with your partner throughout life. It will not ‘cure’ all of your problems, but it will give you a way to address them, for a lifetime of love.
PRICING (per couple)
Early Bird - $500 per couple
$200 deposit reserves your space
$300 balance due 30 days prior to event start
Full Price - $540 per couple
$200 deposit reserves your space
$340 balance due two weeks before the workshop
If you need to cancel your registration, written notice of cancellation is required. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
A refund of the registration fee, except for $100, will be issued if cancellation occurs two (2) weeks before the workshop. After that, there is a $250 cancellation fee, $150 of which can be credited to our next HMT workshop. Refunds for client cancellations will be issued within 30 days of the event completion.
We reserve the right to cancel the event due to low enrollment. In the event this happens, registered clients will be notified 10 days prior to the start date, at which time you can choose to receive a full refund or apply your payment to a future event. Refunds will be issued within 30 days of the event cancellation notification.
Regular Price - Balance Due